Sunday, May 20, 2012

Arizona Wildcats Football lands potential QB of the future.

Arizona Wildcats head coach Rich Rodriguez has addressed a huge need by landing the verbal commitment of highly rated QB prospect Anu Solomon.  With no quarterbacks with any starting experience behind Matt Scott, Solomon could prove to be the most important piece of this recruiting class.
The numbers from Solomon's Junior season all look good.
Passing: 3,059 yards, 43 touchdowns, 3 interceptions
Rushing: 402 yards, 6 touchdowns
This recruit really excites me.  He has the stats, coming into a system that is perfect for him, and he's saying all the right things.
"Ever since I visited Arizona I felt like it was a great place," the Rivals250 recruit said. "As time went on I started to pray about it and I felt that it was a great fit for me, and I felt like right now was the right time to make a commitment."
"I'm a quarterback who likes to throw a lot and I'm a pass first, run second kind of guy. I feel like Rich Rodriguez and the offense can be that kind of thing for me."
The statement that he is a pass-first QB alone is cause for excitement.  The great weakness of a dual-threat QB is the tendency to run first, negating the true benefit of all that speed.  If the QB is a legitimate passing threat, their opponent must defend the run, the pass, and contain the QB.
This commitment is very exciting, and it will be fun to see how he develops over the next four or five years.


No comments:

Post a Comment